July 29, 2013

One certified insurance policy is enough to qualify for PIP benefits

Automobile insurers authorized to conduct business in Michigan must file a written certification stating that its non-resident insureds are covered by personal protection or “PIP” insurance. A “nonadmitted” insurer—one that is not authorized to sell insurance in Michigan—may file this certification voluntarily. These certifications can affect entitlement to benefits: an injured person is not entitled…

Have questions or looking for further information? Contact one of our attorneys.